The Kitchen/Dining room is finished! well except I'd like to get some stools for the nook but today I hung the wall art which the whole kitchen was designed for ^_^
It was time, 12am Friday morning Chris took me to the Greyhound station. My bus didn’t leave till 12:45 but he wanted to make sure I was there with good time. We stood in line for a while and he kept going over each stop where everything was where I should eat or sit and all that good stuff, he wanted to make sure I was safe during this trip Now each time Chris had to take this trip my crying time was shorter and shorter this time I was only a ½ hour. My trip from Edmonton Alberta Till Fargo North Dakota I was accompanied by two people the whole way. Once in Fargo I said good buy to my Bus buddies and hello to my new Snowbirds. Snowbirds are Canadians who leave Canada for the winter. These folks were moving to Mexico for the next 6 months. They were so nice and helpful and fun to be around as well. I really felt on US soil when we went to Burger King and there was raspberry Ice tea. You see in Canada there are no flavored sodas and teas like that. I miss raspberry ice tea as well as L...
How times have changed and how things that once were OK are not and no longer carry the same feeling or intent. When you think of the word “woman” and do you automatically think bitch or hussy, baggage or bit? According to various traditional dictionaries, synonyms for “woman”, which came as a bit of a shock, and possibly more insightful on why certain generations use words such as these to describe a woman. Today at my place of work a gentleman came up to my counter and said "Hello Beautiful" to me. Now, this customer does come in several times a week and is not a total stranger when I'm at work but still. He is in his 50-60s he works either in construction or as a big rig driver, not that any of this is very relevant but it is a generational thing I have noticed amongst folks that speak like that. "'Hello, gorgeous'; 'hi, honey bun or sweetheart, can you get me a coffee?' No man would ever be called sweetheart, ever, in the workplace," T...
Its Wednesday, its 3am and guess what I’m doing? That’s right I’m making cookies again! What? Don’t judge me… I’m also watching the Harry Potter Series for the Umpteenth time. My life is very fulfilling. So to make up for my lack of posts and photos I will add a few extras here.
Comments